The FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory will hold its next Open House Event on April 25, 2015 from 10 am to 3 pm. It only happens every other year, so mark your calendars! From tiny tots to the most mature adults and those of us who never quite grew up -- there will be something to educate, fascinate and entertain everyone!
Highlights of the event will include:
- Tours of our 65-ft research vessel, APALACHEE
- Displays and activities presented by the scientists on their research
- Activities Presented by Saturday-at-the-Sea (SATS)
- Salty Seas
- Hard Luck Stories
- Touch Tanks
- Thar She Blows! (sperm whale exhibit)
- Irradiation Station (orient yourself with critters that naturally protect themselves from the sun)
- Fishy, fishy, fish.....
- Interactive displays by scientists from FSU and Florida conservation agencies
- "In the Know" Talks in the FSUCML Auditorium
- Scavenger hunt for the kids
- Food available for purchase from a local vendor
- Plenty of parking
Gather your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and associates, and take a beautiful drive down to the coast for a day of fun! Can't wait to see you again!
If you are interested in sponsoring, volunteering, or setting up an exhibit at our Open House, please contact our Outreach Coordinator, Tory Walker at email@example.com (850-697-3887) and she can provide you with more information